Terrafirma is mapping tool for Terraria.
It gives block information
in the statusbar as you hover, lets you zoom and pan around your map, and
can save your map out as a png.
If "Use Textures" is grayed out, it's because the program can't find your Terraria directory. Go to Help » Settings and adjust your paths, then restart
- Click and drag, or use arrows or WASD
- Hold shift to pan faster, hold control to pan really fast
- Scroll wheel, or use Q/E
- Mouse over the block to identify it in the status bar
- Right click on chests and signs for more information
.wld File Format
Terraria Network Protocol
Texture UV Mapping
xnb2png - unix command-line utility to convert xnbs into pngs
xnb2shader - unix command-line utility to decompile an xnb pixel shader
- Displays an error if GL is out of date
- Added remote world support
- Added missing tax collector
- Fixed wire drawing
- Sped up statusbar
- Fog of war exclusion was too aggresive
- Updated for terraria 188.8.131.52
- Fixed bug with female armor stands
- Fixed bug with fog of war
- Rewritten to support Linux and OSX as well.
- Supports Terraria 184.108.40.206
- Uses OpenGL for rendering
- You can now specify the terraria folder and default world folder
- Updated for Terraria 220.127.116.11
- Tries the default steam folder if it can't find a steam entry for terraria
- Added new blocks from Terraria 1.2.3
- Added support for new map format
- Upside-down slopes sort of work
- Shows chest names
- Bug: New paint colors don't draw properly
- Bug: Server support disabled temporarily
- Bug: Fog of War temporarily disabled
- Added new christmas blocks, hopefully christmas trees work too
- Bug fix on finding textures folder via steam config
- Added blocks from 18.104.22.168
- Works with multiple steam install dirs
- Added halloween blocks
- Fixed armor scaling
- Improved liquid drawing
- Added painted tiles
- Handles missing textures and fog of war maps more gracefully
- Fixed warning about lihzahrd walls
- Fixes a crash from old player files
- Renamed a few tiles
- Tweaked the server connection code a little
- Supports 1.2 map format and new tiles
- Sloped tiles, half tiles
- Optional fog of war prevents you from spoiling the map
- Unique world backgrounds
- Easy-access toolbar for lighting and block highlighting
- Item finder to quickly find items in chests
- Cleaned up wall drawing, should be more accurate
- Made map changes for Terraria 1.1.2
- Restructured tiles to reduce memory usage
- Added experimental server support
- Uses Any CPU, for native 64-bit on 64-bit machines
- No longer requires XNA for texture support
- Fixed background tiling
- Doesn't lock open files, so won't interfere with Terraria
- Lighting is now done in the background
- Added a world information window
- Added a Jump to Dungeon menu item
- Changed tile format to use less memory
- Loading now shows progress
- Armor now faces the correct direction.
- Also fixed a possible armor crash
- Fixes glass walls
- Fixes the display of hallowed trees
- Attempt to fix the memory leak.
- Will abort loading the world if it runs out of memory
- Warns if there are invalid tiles or walls, and then skips over them
- New blends supported
- Colored lighting supported
- Toggle wires display
- Handles new trees
- Draws armor on mannequins
- Draws NPC home banners
- Displays prefixes in chests
- You can now hilight variation tiles
- Shows variation tile names
- Handles Santa NPC
- Added christmas blocks from 1.1.1
- Added support for Terraria 1.1
- Added Sawmill from 22.214.171.124
- Fixed issue with drawing the clay bowl
- Fixed a texture overflow bug
- Added support for 1.0.6 tiles
- Moved the update checking into a background thread
- Draws NPCs in their last known location
- Texture mode defaults to ON if available
- Fixed a possible crash bug if can't check for updates
- Hilight mode no longer pulses
- Lava and Water are now more opaque. Lava is now far brighter
- Added support for cactus and other 1.0.5 tiles
- Added a lot more texture rules to blend between dirt and stone, for example
- Installer now lets you choose install location
- Fixed i18n bug in xml parser
- Open World list now uses actual world names
- Lava and water now draw at the correct height in texture mode
- Hilighting a block causes all others to darken.
- Trees and giant mushrooms now draw correctly (even the jungle trees in 1.0.4)
- Lighting mode now works close to how the game does lighting.
- You can now Save with textures, or just save part of a map
- Fixed texture crash on Intel graphis
- Fixed bug so it now correctly identifies the block you're hovering over,
regardless of whather you're using textures or not.
- Will notify you at startup if there's a new version out.
- Attempts to locate steam via the registry.
- Experimental Texture Support.
- Cleaned up the menus a tad.
- Minor bug fixes
- You can right-click on chests and signs to see their contents.
- There's an NPC sub-menu that will let you jump to the various NPC houses.
- The list of tiles in the hilight window is now sorted alphabetically.
- A hlighted tile now pulsates twice as fast to make it stand out more.
- Shift+arrows = pan faster
- Control+arrows = pan much much faster
- Control+Shift+arrows = ridiculous
- Water and Lava are now transparent
- Background colors set a little better
- There's now an .msi installer version
- Reload now in View menu
- You can hilight all tiles of a type of your choosing